Thursday 3 January 2013

Sewn case

This was my second attempt at a mobile phone cover but my husband decided it would work well for the SatNav instead!  I think I may have to make him a more manly one.


This one was much easier to make as it only had two pieces of material and a piece of wadding.  I firstly sewed the elastic loop on to the lining and then sewed the three bits together.  I turned them the right way and then sealed up the turning hole.  I then ironed the flap etc into position and sewed around the other edges.  Once it was all finished I sewed a button on to the front to fasten it.  I am really pleased with the result... what shall I sew next?



Take two pieces of fabric and piece of wadding all the same size. Sew a loop of elastic with ends sticking out to the reverse of the lining. Stack with material face to face and wadding on top. Sew around the edges leaving a small hole opposite the elastic. Turn the whole thing the right way round and sew across the whole of the length where the hole is. Fold the bottom part up to where the pocket will end and iron and pin. Sew around the 3 edges to secure. Iron the flap down into place. Sew a button onto the front to finish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment