And here is the new improved manly SatNav case. I let Steve choose the material this time and am quite pleased with the results. I bought a packet of buttons from Papermanias range which included the button I used on the front.
I made a few of the crayon rolls for my daughter and her friends last year and decided to change the pattern slightly to make them suitable for presents for my family. This is one that I made for my sister to keep pens in as she is a teacher as well. I used dinosaur fabric to make it a bit more fun. I also made one for my other sister that is for paintbrushes and one for my mum which is for make-up brushes.
I made another bag! After I'd made my bag, Bethany wanted one as well so I let her choose which fabric she wanted and she chose 'spotty'. Think I'm going to be making a few more of these soon and then I will have to find something else to make!
I wanted to make something for my daughter for Christmas and decided to try some bunting after seeing a friend's amazing effort. I cut triangles out of fabric so that I had two of each design and 6 different designs. I sewed the two matching triangles together and then turned them the right way round. I couldn't find bias binding in the shop so I used cotton tape instead along the top of the bunting which I sewed around the straight edges of the flags to hide the open seams from turning it.
Bethany loved her 'flags' and they are now hung in her room!
I am so proud at the moment! I have always wanted to make a bag and my first attempt worked better than I could have imagined! I found the pattern for this at www.thehappyzombie.com and it is brilliant. The pattern is really wasy to follow and the result are excellent. Hopefully the first of many new bags I will make!
This was my second attempt at a mobile phone cover but my husband decided it would work well for the SatNav instead! I think I may have to make him a more manly one.
This one was much easier to make as it only had two pieces of material and a piece of wadding. I firstly sewed the elastic loop on to the lining and then sewed the three bits together. I turned them the right way and then sealed up the turning hole. I then ironed the flap etc into position and sewed around the other edges. Once it was all finished I sewed a button on to the front to fasten it. I am really pleased with the result... what shall I sew next?
Take two pieces of fabric and piece of wadding all the same size. Sew a loop of elastic with ends sticking out to the reverse of the lining. Stack with material face to face and wadding on top. Sew around the edges leaving a small hole opposite the elastic. Turn the whole thing the right way round and sew across the whole of the length where the hole is. Fold the bottom part up to where the pocket will end and iron and pin. Sew around the 3 edges to secure. Iron the flap down into place. Sew a button onto the front to finish.
I found a design for an Ipod case which I decided to adapt for my new Christmas phone. The first attempt went terribly wrong (I blamed the design!) but my second attempt went much better. I liked it so much, I had a go at making another one with a different design which I'll post soon...