Friday, 4 May 2012
My first quilt!
Here is my first attempt at a quilt! A big thanks to Roxy and Katherine for all the help with this one! I used pre-cut squares for this and found it really hard to get the seams all straight but am still very pleased with it. I did a 6 x 5 pattern and then added some strips to the edges. I put some wadding and a backing on and tacked them down. I then folded the rough edges over and pinned it round and over the backing and sewed it all down. It was really hard to get it all stitched evenly round the edges, but for a first attempt I'm happy and as my daughter thinks it's fantastic, I think I'll try another one soon.